The case for advertising chip tuning studio - tl-chip.ru
TL CHIP is the company that Toyota and Lexus owners turn to increase the power of their cars 🚀. TL CHIP is engaged in chip tuning and works with car owners from all over Russia. In this case, contextual advertising is the tool that can attract customers from any region of the country and ensure a stable flow of orders. Having experience in setting up advertising for a tuning studio, we discussed with the customer all the details of the project and got down to work. We will tell you what came of this later.
For those who do not want to read the whole case, we provide the results from Google Data Studio in two screenshots:
- Client site tl-chip.ru
- Advertising system Yandex.Direct.
The main steps of cooperation:
The client contacted us after getting acquainted with our case for tuning studio Stxperformance.ru. Setting up advertising began in February 2021 after agreeing with the customer on the working methods and discussing the features of this direction 🤝. For promotion, we used to search and display advertising in Google Ads and Yandex.Direct, paying special attention to negative keywords. We started with manual settings and gradually moved on to smart strategies.
Our goal was to attract high-quality traffic, that is, to show ads by a user who is ready to place an order, and at the same time to stand out favorably against the background of competitors. To do this, we set the following tasks:
- Set up search advertising in Google Ads and Yandex.Direct.
- Launch advertising on partner sites in the GDN and YAN.
- Return potential customers to the site using remarketing and retargeting.
What decisions did you make
It was important for us to reach the maximum targeted traffic, which will provide both an acceptable conversion price and the necessary workload of the company.
For this, we worked with search queries and negative keywords.
Initially, we collected a large list of models and gradually turned them off. Since the company does not work with models of all years of release, and users do not specify the year in the request, they disabled requests that brought inappropriate traffic. For example, Lexus ES, Toyota RAV4, Toyota Hilux.
Added to negative keywords:
- General information requests, for example, «chip tuning this».
- Inappropriate requests, such as «chip tuning the head», since it means a radio upgrade, with which TL CHIP does not work.
- Requests that the customer asked to add, based on his experience, for example, «Camry 3.5 chip», «Prado 2.7 chip tuning».
Setting up and running ads in Google Ads
We have launched 2 search campaigns, remarketing and display ads here.
⚙️ Work with search campaigns was carried out as follows:
1. Created two search campaigns:
- Shared with groups such as Lexus Firmware, Competitors, Toyota Firmware, Lexus Chip Tuning, and Toyota Chip Tuning.
- By model. We had a preliminary briefing with the client, having agreed on the list of models.
2. We have prepared ads with the following extensions:
- Phone number.
- Quick links (to order a power increase service, as well as free consultation, free diagnostics, free test drive).
- Clarifications (Affordable prices , 3000+ serviced cars, 5+ years of experience, Free consultation, increase power by 40%, 5% discount, Prado-Club partner, 100% quality guarantee, 100% money back, Free test drive).
- Structured snippet.
3. Configured conversions:
- Submitting a form on the site,
- Call from a search ad,
- Chat talk me,
- Call from a site (call tracking).
4. Manually set bids for requests with the «Enhanced CPC» option. Thus, we gave the system the opportunity to increase the bid if it could lead to a conversion.
5. Added auto-rules for lowering and increasing bids, which will keep the percentage of impressions within 75-85% for each request.
6. Having received enough conversions, we switched campaigns to smart Target CPA strategies.
⚙️ We created a remarketing campaign with banners stating that we are doing chip tuning while maintaining the warranty and a call to sign up with a 5% discount.
⚙️ Also, to attract an additional audience, we tried the GDN campaign for the Toyota chip tuning service with the following groups:
- Audiences interested in Toyota vehicles, spare parts for this vehicle and Toyota Land Cruiser.
- Key queries related to Toyota.
- Site topics related to this vehicle .
❌ The GDN campaign did not bring conversions, while spending RUB 4,700, we decided to turn it off.
Setting up and maintaining advertising in Yandex.Direct
⚙️ Here, just like in Google Ads, we have set up two search advertising campaigns with manual bid management:
- With general queries.
- By model.
Installed the same conversions as in Google Ads (filling out a form on the site, calling from an ad, chat, and calling from the site).
⚙️ Next, we added a media-contextual banner that is shown for search queries. And to return customers who did not complete the targeted action, we launched retargeting.
⚙️ After we got enough statistics, we added a YAN advertising campaign with pay per conversion, which subsequently brought the bulk of conversions.
Both ad networks bring in quality traffic that leads to conversions. But since Yandex initially has more traffic in the field of chip tuning, it brings almost 2 times more conversions, while spending a larger budget.
☝️It’s worth saying that the CTR for search campaigns is 12%, which speaks about the quality of the ads and their relevance to queries. That is, our ad offers the user exactly what he needs.
In 3 months Yandex.Direct brought 298 conversions with an average cost of 385 rubles. The most effective YAN campaign brings on average 50 conversions per month for 127 rubles.
All campaigns on Google Ads generated 153 conversions with an average cost of RUB 679. The overall search campaign was the most effective with 71 conversions. Search campaigns by model and remarketing generated 36 and 46 conversions, respectively.
Advertising campaigns fully met the client’s expectations, as evidenced not only by quantitative indicators but also by the willingness of TL CHIP to develop new directions and continue cooperation with us. Currently, the client is working on a similar website for German cars, which is planned to launch contextual advertising in Google Ads and Yandex.Direct.
LLC «TL-Engineering» expresses gratitude to the advertising agency Web-Sci for effective and fruitful cooperation in the field of online advertising.
During our collaboration with Web-Sci, we have managed to qualitatively improve the main indicators of contextual advertising Google Ads and Yandex Direct. This was facilitated by the professionalism and responsible approach of the staff and the head of the agency.
Thank you for your professionalism, efficiency, efficiency, and individual approach. We recommend the team as reliable partners and are happy to continue our cooperation.