Medical center advertising case - domedica24.ru
The Affordable Medicine Clinic became our client in March 2021. At this point, the medical institution had already opened 2 branches in St. Petersburg and the third was being prepared for the opening. They turn to specialists in gynecology, neurology, oncology, traumatology, as well as for the services of MRI, CT, ultrasound, and laboratory tests.
A client contacted us on a recommendation. And «Affordable Medicine» has become both an interesting project and a challenge for us. We understood that advertising on medical topics would require both strict adherence to the rules and the adoption of non-standard decisions. We’ll talk about what came of it later.
For those who are too lazy to read the whole case, we present only the results from Google Data Studio in two screenshots:
- Client site domedica24.com
- Advertising system Google Ads.
- Yandex.Direct Advertising System
How it all began and what were the main steps of the work:
At the time of our acquaintance with the client, he already had an advertising account, and contextual advertising was conducted. Therefore, the work began with an analysis of current campaigns 🧐. During the analysis, we identified a lot of gaps and shortcomings in setting up and managing advertising campaigns. Therefore, we decided to reconfigure everything from scratch.
It was important for us to attract people from Yandex and Google search, and therefore, before launching campaigns, we studied how each network responds to advertising for medical activities.
The initial budget was RUB 600,000 per advertising account per month, and in the process, it was redistributed in favor of Google Ads. Since the low competition here in the medical field and the intellectual capabilities of the system are advantages that should not be missed.
Today more and more people are looking for medical services on the Internet, preferring to collect and compare different offers on their own, than to seek advice from friends. But due to the complexity of setting up contextual advertising, most of the clinics simply elude attention 🤨.
Our goal was to make our client as visible as possible to his target audience. To do this, we set the following tasks:
- Set up ads in Google Ads, which the system will accept. Google Ads has a number of restrictions on healthcare advertising that you need to be careful with. This is not to say that such advertising is strictly prohibited here. Rather, it is in a gray area that many advertisers are trying to bypass. Knowing this, we understood that launching on this network would give a great advantage over competitors.
- Set up ads in Yandex.Direct that will successfully pass moderation.
- Launch retargeting in Yandex.Direct.
Since Yandex.Direct accepts advertisements for medical activities for placement, and Google Ads has strict restrictions on the list of such services and their geography, we had different strategies for working with systems.
💡Solutions for Yandex.Direct:
- Prepared and sent documents, including a copy of the license with a list of services and address of activity, as well as a letter of guarantee on behalf of a legal entity.
- Carefully worked out the wording of ads in accordance with the requirements of Yandex.Direct.
💡Solutions for Google Ads:
- We refused ads on service pages and launched the context only on the main page.
- We worked on writing ads so that the system does not recognize medical topics.
- Replaced explicitly medical words on general vocabulary. For example, «doctors» to «specialists» or «experts».
These solutions gave us a low-Quality Score on Google, but they were moderated and we were able to run the ad.
Search Ads in Google Ads
They initially launched search campaigns for all services provided by the clinic: MRI, CT, ultrasound, analyzes, services of a traumatologist, neurologist, gynecologist, and oncologist.
In accordance with search queries and directions of services, we created a structure by adding ad groups.
For example, the «MRI» campaign includes the groups «MRI of joints», «MRI of the brain», «MRI of the knee», etc. The same was done for other campaigns.
- We collected 1873 search queries, based on which we created an account structure.
- We launched all campaigns using manual strategies. Launching automatic strategies at the start of work would drain the budget, since at first the system does not know what to focus on, and it needs time to learn.
- For each of 1873 search queries, bids were manually set with the «Enhanced CPC» option … This means that our bids are a priority, but we give the system the opportunity to raise them if the system understands that this will lead to a conversion.
- Configured conversions:
- Call via call tracking.
- Click on the «Sign up» button on any of the site pages.
- JivoSite (the user started a dialogue in the chat or answered a request).
- Set up work by 2 Rules:
- Reduce bids by 10% when the percentage of impressions rises above 85%.
- Increase bids when this indicator drops below 75%.
Such recalculation occurs once a day. This gives us the opportunity not to overpay for the first position. Since Google is moving away from accurate metrics and the estimated hit rate at the top is ineffective, impressions are prioritized. Empirically found that it should be 75-85% for each keyword. Thus, the keywords are between the 1st and 2nd positions.
If we had raised the bids just for the sake of the first positions, the overpayment could have been 10 times the size.
- After 2.5 months of work, having received the number of conversions necessary to train the system, making the necessary adjustments to audiences, devices and demographics, we received an understandable conversion price, and then switched to the Target CPA strategy.
Subsequently, having received data on the effectiveness of campaigns, we decided to disable the less effective ones. As a result, they left «MRI», «CT» and «ultrasound», which are now in the greatest demand, in particular, because of the pandemic 😷.
Specifics of working with ads
Negative keywords play an important role in budget savings. To avoid inappropriate clicks, we minified information requests, for example, «MRI» (in exact accordance), «MRI is», «what is MRI», etc.
To increase the click-through rate of your ads, we used the following extensions:
- Additional links
- Structured snippet.
- Phone number.
- Promotion: 20% off night.
Sometimes it was necessary to make changes to the text of the ads. At the same time, Google Ads could reject them several times, as a result, it took several days to edit and approve. In order not to lose traffic, we copied the ad, made edits to the copy, and only after its approval by the system did we disable the original.
When setting up advertising in Google Ads, we had to abandon the standard practice of connecting remarketing, since it is strictly prohibited in medical topics in this system.
Search advertising in Yandex.Direct
It is easier, but more expensive, to launch advertisements for medical services in Yandex.Direct. We do not need to work around the restrictions here. It is enough just to provide documents. Most clinics prefer to advertise in Yandex, which increases competition and, accordingly, the cost of clicks.
- Collected relevant search queries. There were 2685 of them.
- We launched campaigns with manual bids.
- We added key goals and set up the same conversions as in Google Ads: Call via call tracking, Click on the «Sign up» button , JivoSite.
- At first, we adjusted campaigns with manual bids, minus information requests, which allowed us to reduce the cost of conversion.
- After collecting sufficient statistics, we transferred each campaign to the strategy «Optimization of conversions», While changing the daily budget to a weekly one.
- Keeping the most effective campaigns «MRI»,«CT» and «ultrasound».
🔁 Retargeting :
Modern people usually have a serious approach to the choice of a medical institution. Often several options are compared, reviews are studied, the opinions of friends are collected. We understand that the first visit to the site does not always lead to a conversion. Therefore, we added a retargeting campaign to return visitors who did not take the targeted action.
While we were setting up and improving the ad, the client started to improve the site. In the process, a new site was made, more user-friendly and conversion, which also improved our performance 🚀.
Over time, reallocate the budget, giving 65% to Google Ads and 35% to Yandex.Direct. The advertising budget is 17,000 rubles. per day on Yandex.Direct and 36,000 rubles. on Google Ads.
Results for campaigns in Google Ads:
- MRI brings 889 conversions worth 366 rubles per month. (on average)
- «CT» for the same period brings 1789 conversions at 323 rubles. (on average)
- «Ultrasound» gives 408 conversions at 363 rubles. (average)
The average price of a target in Yandex.Direct is 470 rubles. Users make about 1030 conversions per month.
Advertising of the Affordable Medicine clinic turned out to be a rather unusual task for us, we could not pass by the bark at least because of professional interest.
We managed not only to set up contextual advertising of the medical center in Google Ads but also to get great results 💪. We also continue to advertise in Yandex.Direct, which brings additional conversions and remains as a backup source of traffic in case Google Ads is blocked.
Today, work on the project continues: advertising brings new visitors to the clinic, we monitor the effectiveness of campaigns, make adjustments and develop together with clients due to their difficult tasks.
LLC «Affordable Medicine» thanks the advertising agency Web-Sci for effective cooperation! We contacted the agency for a recommendation, we were advised by Web-Sci, as exceptional professionals in PPC marketing, namely in contextual advertising.
After a briefing and analysis of current advertising campaigns, it was decided to reconfigure everything from scratch. The situation was complicated by the fact that for Google Ads, medicine is a gray topic. However, the agency’s specialists coped with the task perfectly. Under the management of the Web-Sci company, now our Google Ads and Yandex.Direct with a total budget of about 1,500,000 rubles. per month. Lead price dropped by more than 5 times. We have absolutely no doubt that every ruble has been used with the maximum benefit for us.
High-quality technical support, high professional qualifications of employees, instant feedback are important characteristics of the agency for us.
We also express our gratitude to the head of the agency – Ruslan Sergeevich for professionalism, high qualifications, responsibility and personal qualities. He has proven that the agency uses the latest innovations in PPC Marketing and achieves the best performance.