Home Construction Case - Byrne Homes
In October 2019, we started a partnership with Byrne Homes from Auckland, New Zealand. The company’s clients are people who are ready to acquire their own home 🏡. By contacting Byrne Homes, they receive a full range of services from design and topographic surveys to finishing works, interior design, and subsequent warranty repairs. Byrne Homes is a small team with each employee having their own professional tasks and no time to search for clients. Therefore, the company decided to entrust us with the work on advertising, having previously introduced us to its business.
- Client site byrnehomes.co.nz ;
- Advertising system Google Ads.
Before setting up Google Ads ads, we studied the brief completed by the customer, after which we were able to determine the priority services and advertising formats. As the company works with clients from Auckland and surrounding cities, a GEO has been established: Auckland plus 60 km radius. For promotion, they used search advertising, a display network (GDN), and video ads on YouTube. In the process, we tried different bidding strategies, keeping the most effective ones.
We had to use Google Ads to find people who are ready to order the construction of a house. Given the fact that Byrne Homes offers services in the mid-high price segment, we set the following tasks:
- Engage an interested audience with ads in search.
- Return people who have not ordered the service to the site using remarketing.
- Set up GDN ads for users whose interests are close to company activities.
- Attract new customers with YouTube video ads .
What decisions did you make
We always strive to make advertising profitable for the customer. After all, only a cheaper new lead is better than a new lead ☝. To optimize the cost of advertising, we made the following decisions:
- Use search dynamic ads and all available ad extensions. This allows you to make your ads more informative, increase the snippet, increase the CTR, which in turn reduces the cost of conversion.
- Emphasize ads on premium quality and the corresponding price range of the company’s services. This allowed us to minimize non-targeted traffic and attract people to the site who are looking for this exact price segment.
- Use different bidding strategies for different campaigns. Tried Target CPA, Miximize conversions, Manual CPV. Thus, for each individual campaign, the most effective strategy was selected by trial and error.
Configured three types of campaigns: Search Ads, GDN (Display Network), and YouTube. More details are below.
Focusing on the core services of Byrne Homes, we have created 4 search campaigns, which are divided into ad groups according to search queries. We got the following structure:
🔎 New Builds:
- Build Developments;
- Build Property;
- Building Companies;
- New Builds housing);
- New Construction.
- Remodeling – General;
- Renovations – General (Repairs – general inquiries).
🔎 Branding campaign for Byrne Homes, Byrne Homes Build, and others.
🔎 search remarketing. For people who have already clicked on the site, created ad groups with more general queries on the same topic:
- Brand Requests
- Building Companies
- New Builds – General
- New Construction – General
Conversions were configured for the following targeted actions:
- Call via call tracking;
- Submitted form from any page of the site;
- Click or copy e-mail;
- Call from a search ad.
We paid special attention to ad extensions. Used the following:
- Quick Links: Design & Build, contacts, company portfolio, company page, page with awards and mentions in the media, as well as download the company brochure.
- Phone number.
- Clarifications: «Thoughtful projects», «Homes in a New Condition», «Premium Quality», «High Quality Homes», «Award-Winning Builders», «Designed to Stand Out», «Innovative Technologies», «Rebuild Your Space, «The Best Home on the Street», «Personalized Design», «Family Business».
- Promotions: 100% free consultation.
- Structured snippet.
Search campaigns used Maximize conversions strategies to attract the maximum number of users and Target CPA to serve ads to users who are more likely to take the targeted action.
GDN (Display Network)
We set up 3 campaigns on the Display Network:
- GDN remarketing for people whose visit to the site did not result in a conversion.
- Smart GDN is a smart campaign that is automatically pushed around.
- GDN campaign with targeting:
- for keys (the same keys as in search advertising campaigns);
- audience (for events – for those who are planning to buy a house soon, the audience of interested buyers in the category «architectural services»);
- site themes (Construction and repair, Construction materials and tools, Construction consulting and Contracting works, Architecture, Real estate construction, Design of civil objects, Housing construction, Custom houses).
📹 Configured In-Stream ads with the option to skip. We used an image video of the company.
YouTube campaign has been divided into 4 types:
- With impressions on websites and mobile applications. A manual Cost Per View strategy was used.
- With impressions on websites and in mobile applications. Miximize conversions strategy.
- No mobile apps. Manual Cost Per View Strategy.
- No mobile apps. Miximize conversions strategy.
Video targeting has been configured for three types of audiences:
- For keywords that were used in the search campaign.
- Audiences: by event (Planning a home purchase) and audiences of interested buyers (Home improvement, Architectural services, Design and renovation services, Homes on sale, Painting services).
- Site themes (Kitchen and dining room, Repair and maintenance services, Architecture, Home improvement, Real estate, Design, Construction business, Home construction, Home repair and decoration, Roofing, Piping, Bathroom room, Individual projects).
By trying different strategies and tracking the effectiveness of campaigns, we have achieved the following metrics. The project took 10 months to complete and generated 116 conversions with an average price of 71.20 New Zealand Dollars (NZD $).
- Search campaign for new homes: 88 conversions at 54.84 NZD $.
- Search campaign for renovations: 13 conversions at 119.27 NZD $.
- Brand search campaign: 5 conversions at 4.06 NZD $.
- GDN: 3 conversions at 147.16 NZD $.
- GDN remarketing: 3 conversions at 62.34 NZD $.
- SmartGDN: 3 conversions of 101.18 NZD $ each.
Contextual advertising has no lower value than its original setting. In fact, we need the initial setup for a better understanding of the audience and the ability to train Google Ads for subsequent campaign optimization. While working on Byrne Homes, we managed to find the optimal combination of settings and choose strategies that brought the desired result in the form of leads on the site and new customers 💪.