Case Study on Metalworking - Decorative Metalworks
In December 2019, he work with the client ‘Decorative Metals’ which works on producing metal structures and works with clients from Moscow and the surrounding area. As with many companies, our customer has periods of boom and bust 📊. So that production doesn’t stand idle during periods of low demand, managers aren’t working on attracting customers, but directly in sales. So the management made the decision to launch PPC advertising, which they contacted us for.
- Client’s website – dekormetal.ru
- Advertising account – Google Ads.
The first stage of work is always studying and learning. It was important for us to better understand the client’s business and their advertising expectations. To do this, we sent out a brief. We then agreed on the different goals and objectives and approved the budget. The peculiarity of the project was that the customer didn’t need constant advertising. Instead, they only brought it back periodically to resume the flow of customers.
Therefore, after setting up and receiving the number of conversions needed, advertising was paused. Then during the next period of lull, we adjusted the settings and reconnect the context for 1-2 weeks to attract new conversions.
We had to provide the company with new orders with an established budget 30 000 roubles per month. To reach this goal, we establish some objectives:
- Configuring search ads in Google Ads
- Setting up remarketing for return users who had already visited the site
Course of Action
Distinctive features of the project that determined our course of action:
- small budget
- the lack of need for constant advertising
- the absence of strict restrictions on the cost of conversion, since the average price for the company’s services, is quite high and quickly covers advertising costs.
With that in mind, we decided on the following:
- Instead of our usual Target CPA strategy (Targe conversion price), to use Maximize conversions, since Target CPA required more data (which we didn’t have) and more time. In turn, Maximizing conversions is a great method for attracting target customers when there are no restrictions on the cost of each.
- To minimize non-target traffic, along with setting up GEO 📍 to Moscow and the surrounding area, we added other cities in Russia to negative keywords, as well as minimizing non-target requests (free, instructions, rent, pictures, etc.).
Set up for search ads and remarketing
✔Search campaign with ad groups that match the product manufactured:
- bar counters and chairs
- facades and entrances
- columns and column cladding
- casings for airconditioners
- steel fencing
- general (including general queries like “metal structure production” “metal product manufacturing” metal structure production and installation” etc.)
✔Remarketing. We used the GDN and we displayed banner ads to people who were already on the site.
Dynamic ads were configured in search ads. To enhance the search snippet and get a high CTR, we added the following extensions:
- Phone number
- Promotion for 100% free consultation
- Specifics and Qualifications: ‘Large portfolio’, ‘More than 15 years on the market, ‘Timely delivery’, ‘Free consultation’, ‘Loyal customer pricing’, ‘prices for return customers’ etc.
Bringing in Conversions
Initially, the client refused call tracking, so not all conversions were recorded. The following actions were set as conversions:
- Appreciation page after the request
- Clicking on the phone number (from a cell phone)
- Call from a search ad without going over to the site.
We also set goals like clicks on Instagram and on e-mail.
During the advertising period, 773 users moved over to the site and we recorded 46 conversions. But the main indicator of advertising effectiveness for us is that the client received the required volume of orders, and after a decrease in demand, they returned to us to re-launch the campaign.
In the client’s own words, the main conversions came from mobile phones📱.
When working on any project, it’s important to understand what the customer wants. Cooperating with Decorative Metals, we had to resume the flow of work orders and provide the company with the needed scope of work. To do this, we used basic tools by Google Ads like search advertising and remarketing. From time to time we come back to work with the client when it’s necessary to bring back high demand for their services.
“Stalproekt” Decorativnye metally LLC expresses its gratitude to Web Sci advertising agency and General Director Mr. Tula Ruslan Sergeevich for high-quality, timely, and attentive service rendered to our company.
Throughout our cooperation, Web Sci specialists have performed beyond expectation and proved to be qualified and well-trained. Ruslan Sergeevich brilliantly set up Google Ads PPC advertising and completed all the tasks. He has further provided professional advice, consulting, supported us at every stage, answered all questions in detail and has always been in touch.
Current outcomes: we receive a plenty of requests and views; our company implements projects, negotiates with would-be customers who have been reached exactly as advertising effects.
Hereby we acknowledge Mr. Tula and Web Sci advertising agency for the effective and expert work, tailor-made advertising solutions, outstanding interaction, and successful Google Ads results. “Stalproekt” Decorativnye metally LLC is certain of continuing with the agency.