Case on auto theme - Stxperformance.ru
Tuning studio STX PERFORMANCE provides chip tuning services in Moscow and the region 🚘. The sphere is quite a in demand, and demand, as you know, gives rise to supply. The market does not stand still, new companies appear, and clients are looking for the most favorable conditions. In this case, contextual advertising is a basic necessity. And its high-quality setting is an opportunity, with stable investments, to receive a constant influx of orders.
- Client site – stxperformance.com;
- Google Ads advertising account;
- Yandex.Direct advertising account.
Step by step the work was carried out as follows:
Initially, the client’s site was made in the format of a landing page on the Tilda website builder. This is quite enough for basic setting up advertising in Yandex Direct and Google Ads, which is exactly what was required. The basis for the work was a brief filled out by the customer, which showed us the priority services and features of the chip tuning market 🔧. The work began with the creation of advertising campaigns for each service and later grew into the finalization of the site and optimization of advertising.
Our goal was set to attract new customers with the help of contextual advertising with a gradual decrease in the cost of conversion. The customer approved the budget of RUB 1500-2000 per day per ad network.
Initially, we set the following tasks:
- Launch search ads and Google Ads remarketing;
- Launch search advertising and retargeting in Yandex.Direct;
- Check the effectiveness of both networks and reformat the ad if necessary.
What decisions did you make
The decision to order service is influenced not only by the price but also by the convenience of being able to place an order on the website. In addition, Google and Yandex are more loyal to the pages that are most relevant to queries and convenient for the visitor. Therefore, after 3-4 months of working with the landing page, we decided to make it a multi-page site with a clear structure and usability.
For this, a UX/UI design specialist was hired, who:
- conducted an audit of the site;
- finalized the design and usability of the site;
- eliminated the issues that interfered with users;
Then the programmer moved the site from Tilda to WordPress and redesigned it.
New structure of advertising campaigns
In the process of working on the design and usability of the site, it became necessary to change the structure of advertising campaigns. Since we now have 9 separate service pages, the client’s budget is less than needed to get enough clicks from each individual ad campaign.
In order not to increase the budget, we decided to distribute all services by ad groups and collect them into one search advertising campaign, both in Google Ads and Yandex.Direct. New structure = one search engine advertising campaign + 1 remarketing (retargeting) advertising campaign .
To minimize non-targeted traffic, we constantly add and add negative keywords to advertising campaigns:
- Queries for cars that the company does not work with (Lada, Logan, etc.).
- Ambiguous queries (for example, when typing «head firmware» in the search, many users imply a head device (radio), not the electronic control unit with which the company works).
Advertising can be roughly divided into 2 stages:
- The first six months before the website redesign and advertising structure update.
- Work after updates.
Search ads were launched step by step, according to our corporate strategy:
- In the early days of the display, we used the average bid for medium-frequency queries in Google and about the same bid in Yandex.Direct. This brought us the first conversions, which helped Google calculate bids for display in the top, and for Yandex.Direct we estimated the volume of traffic, average CTR and cost per click.
- Manually set bids for each request for impressions at 2- 3 positions.
- Google Ads switched to the Target CPA (target cost per conversion) strategy, in which Google Ads increases the bid if it understands that the display of the ad will lead to a conversion. In Yandex.Direct, we found the average rate at which we are satisfied with the price of the received conversion.
Used as a conversion:
- Call (call tracking),
- Request via the form on the website.
After the first six months of work, the average cost per conversion was 500-700 rubles. One of the factors that influenced the number of leads and their cost was the season. Summer has become a more favorable time of the year for this type of business.
Intelligent strategies, the gradual minus of search phrases, work on the site, control of bids in Yandex.Direct and a new structure of advertising campaigns allowed to reduce the cost of conversion to an average of 300 rubles.
Currently, work on contextual advertising continues and brings the following results:
- Average conversion price 300 rubles. (Data for July 2020 Google Ads + Yandex.Direct)
- Number of visitors 6132 (Data for July 2020 Google Ads + Yandex.Direct)
- Number of conversions 403 (Data for July 2020 Google Ads + Yandex.Direct)
🔜 We plan to expand advertising for new services, SEO promotion, and retargeting with customized pixels in VK Ads and Facebook Ads.
The STX PERFORMANCE project is an excellent example of interaction between local businesses and internet marketing. Investments in advertising quickly pay off and allow not only to develop the business but also to improve the promotion tools. In just six months, we managed to halve the cost of attracting a lead 📉, and in a year we switched from the basic one contextual advertising to complex promotion.