Business coaching case - Tradescoach.co.nz
In 2018, Andy Burrows, a business coach from New Zealand, contacted us. His area of expertise is coaching and business assistance in the construction industry 🏗️. Andy has 25 years of experience in managing a large company, an authoring tutorial, and testimonials from successful clients. He helps his clients to use resources wisely, reach a new level of business and increase profits. We had to do the same for Andy with our experience in internet marketing.
- Client site tradescoach.co.nz
- Google Ads Advertising System
Step by step the work was carried out as follows:
The first thing that was important for us to understand was the portrait of the target audience. In our case, she clearly limited herself to representatives of the construction industry in New Zealand, namely top management of construction companies, freelance builders, owners of commercial enterprises.
It was important for us to attract the maximum targeted conversions. Their further interaction with Andy consisted either in contacting him for a service or in downloading a free manual, which was also the beginning of a sales funnel. To reach the maximum target users, we used both search advertising and the Display Network (GDN). In doing so, we tested various hypotheses about general and more accurate keywords to improve ad performance.
Our goal was to provide a stable influx of clients who are ready to learn for the sake of developing their business. At the same time, our client does not sell the same service all the time. In addition to coaching, he conducts various master classes, is the author of the book 📙 «5 KEY STRATEGIES TO A PROFITABLE CONTRACTING BUSINESS», which can be downloaded for free.
Considering all this, we set ourselves tasks:
- Run search advertising campaigns and GDN on different client landing pages: home page, current masterclass pages, book page.
- Set up search remarketing and GDN remarketing to bring people back to the site, did not take the targeted action.
- Launch smart campaigns on the Smart GDN Display Network to reach a wider audience.
What decisions did you make
It was important for us to carefully aim and show ads only to those who will be interested in it. To do this, we performed a series of actions:
- The ad texts reflected the essence of the service in as much detail as possible.
- Throughout the work, we tested different hypotheses and pages for leads, used different content and different landing pages.
- Also tested different smart strategies: Target CPA (Target CPA) and Maximize conversions (Maximum conversions), because some campaigns did not give conversions and it was important to catch them at any cost.
One of the key factors in reaching the interests of the target audience is constant work with negative keywords. In the process of work, decisions were made:
- Bypass search sites for GDN with poor performance.
- Add negative keywords to search campaigns, some of which are related to the search for free information (free, torrent), with the search for work or employees ( job, jobs, hr, resume), with large sites (youtube, craiglist (the largest bulletin board)).
More than 100 negative keywords were added in total.
Search Ads and GDN
We launched a search campaign with general queries for people looking for a mentor for their business (for example, «construction marketing», «business mentor nz», «grow your business, business grow»).
A separate campaign used keywords targeted at builders 👷.
Set up responsive ads, all extensions led not only to the main page but also to download the book.
A regular search engine with common keywords turned out to be more effective, and they left it later.
Bids were set manually for each request, after receiving the first conversions, the Target CPA strategy was connected. After that, Google Ads already determined which requests to raise rates.
Selected as conversions:
- Calling the number on the site (call tracking),
- Sending a letter by E-mail,
- Filling out a form on the site,
- Subscribing to news.
The GDN campaign was configured with 3 targeting types:
- Key queries,
- Site Themes.
Necessary conversions were brought only by targeting audiences related to construction and renovation 🔨. They also helped educate Google for the Target CPA strategy.
We used two types of campaigns to return visitors to the site.
- Search Remarketing . The task is to catch up with the more common keys of those who were on the site. For example, a visitor came to the site on the request «business mentor nz», but did not take any targeted action. In this case, he gets into our audience, and will see our ad the next time he types any requests with the word «mentor».
- GDN remarketing to attract an interested audience with a free book «5 KEY STRATEGIES TO A PROFITABLE CONTRACTING BUSINESS» 🆓. Those who were already on the site were led to a page where a person can download this manual. The only condition for free download is filling out the contact form.
Subsequently, GDN remarketing was abandoned due to its weak effectiveness.
We decided to entrust Google search for new customers with the help of display advertising by launching a smart Smart GDN campaign. After that, ads started to generate a lot of cheap leads. But after connecting CRM, they found out that these conversions were not targeted, and they had to abandon Smart GDN.
The partnership with Andy Burrows lasted 2 years and ended only when the New Zealand government began to sponsor business expenses for mentors. Our client automatically received 100% workload without the need to advertise.
✔During our work we have reached an average conversion price of $ 20-30 depending on the season. Since there are fewer construction projects in winter, the demand decreases during this period.
The combination of regular search advertising and GDN has proven to be the most effective for the audience of builders.
While working on this project, we once again became convinced of the importance of flexibility in advertising settings, tracking their effectiveness and readiness to respond to audience actions. Setting up contextual advertising is just the first step. But it is important for us to improve the quality of leads and reduce the cost of conversion. By trying different paths, cutting off ineffective traffic, and leaving only working strategies, we provide the customer with what he needs – ready-to-buy website visitors.