How to Prepare for Twitter Ads?
Using Twitter to promote your business is an attractive idea in itself, given the multi-million audience of this social network. Twitter turned 15 this year, its audience continues to grow by an average of 56 million users a year, and marketers are positively evaluating its advertising capabilities. Twitter advertising is promising, effective, and certainly not as easy as it sounds. We will talk about the difficulties, pitfalls, and proper preparation for advertising further.
Rules and restrictions
Twitter takes its reputation seriously and therefore scrutinizes ad accounts and adherence to the Twitter Ads policy.
Important points to consider:
- A completely new account will not work to launch ads. When verifying an account, moderators take into account general profile information, content posted, past ad campaigns, and how the account has interacted with the social network throughout its existence.
- The advertiser’s account must be open and active with public tweets .
- Before submitting an account for verification, it is important to make sure it has a complete name and bio. Profile and cover images are required.
- The URL must match the one used in the ad.
- Suspended or deactivated accounts are not allowed to advertise.
- Separate a number of requirements apply to URLs used in advertising. The specified URL should not lead to a broken page, create pop-up windows and open content in a separate program.
- As for content and promoted products, here, in addition to general restrictions, there are those that relate to individual countries and regions.
We have mentioned only a few, in our opinion, the basic requirements of the system. For more information on the terms of advertising, please visit the Twitter Ads policy page. After preparing your account, you can proceed to create ads.
How is the advertising office arranged?
Twitter has a simple and recognizable ad account structure that has three tiers: campaigns, ad groups, and ads. Before you create your creatives, it’s important to choose a goal, set a budget, specify a bidding method, and select audience options.
After creating ads, they are sent for moderation, which lasts about 24 hours. Learn more about Twitter ad account for each setup step in our article.
Twitter audience in numbers
Twitter unites more than 330 million accounts, completely different and special. But there are patterns that will help you see the audience more clearly and understand how to work with it. So, the bulk of Internet users are residents of the United States and Japan. The third place is occupied by Great Britain. At the same time, Twitter is the most popular social network in Japan.
What a Twitter audience looks like:
- 70% of users are men, 30% are women.
- The network is most popular with people aged 25-34.
- 59% of users come here for news .
On average, one user has 707 followers.
- 82% of B2B marketers use Twitter for content marketing.
- Video ad format is the most popular and accepted by advertisers. This type of ad is cheaper, with a 62% increase in video views from 2019 to 2020.
- 5.8% of the world’s population over the age of 13 are exposed to Twitter ads.
Interesting, difficult, but effective – this is how you can briefly describe advertising on Twitter. It requires attention, preparation, and careful data analysis. But this is the network that is definitely worth trying to promote your brand, product, or service.