How do we work at Web-Sci? Stages, strategies, cost of work.
Planning to order services from internet marketing agency Web-Sci and want to know more about cooperation with us? Then this article is for you. We will tell you in detail about how we work, why we chose this strategy and how the cost of services is calculated.
Stages of cooperation and working methods
1️⃣ Step 1. Acquaintance. At this stage, we write off or call a potential customer, discuss the project and goals.
2️⃣ Step 2. Brief. The starting point for further work is qualitatively filled in by the client brief. From it, we learn what goals the client sets and why he needs advertising. We understand what advertising systems we will use and what tasks, KPIs, and budgets need to be set.
3️⃣ Step 3. Strategy. Based on the brief, we create a promotion strategy … We prescribe in detail in the commercial proposal what we will set up, how many hours it will take, what advertising budget is needed for each advertising channel. We provide the client with a detailed calculation of time and money. In our work, we only use the hourly payment method, which we will discuss below.
When it comes to collaboration, we can offer the client two options for cooperation:
Paid setup and paid ad maintenance
Thus, we work with Google Ads, Yandex.Direct, Bing Ads, Facebook / Instagram Ads, VK Ads, Twitter Ads, MyTarget. In this case, the client owns all rights to advertising and related accounts (Google Ads, Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Google Data Studio, Yandex.Direct, Yandex.Metrica, Facebook Ads, VK Ads, MyTarget).
Free setup, but paid maintenance
This option is relevant only for Google Ads and Yandex.Direct . In this case, we estimate what advertising budget is needed for the effective operation of advertising accounts (at least 400 dollars per account). We do a free setup, but all accounts for 12 months belong to us, the client has access only to view the advertising account – all work is as transparent as possible for the client. We send invoices from advertising systems directly to the client for payment. After 12 months of work, we give the advertising accounts to the client free of charge. After this period, the client can continue to work with us or end cooperation.
4️⃣ Step 4. Agreement. After agreeing on actions and budgets, we sign a contract with the client, in which our guarantees and working conditions are spelled out. If the client chooses a free setup, we reserve the right to all accounts for a year. If the cooperation ends earlier, the client can redeem the accounts, which is also prescribed in the agreement.
Pay per hour strategy and its benefits
Throughout the existence of our agency, we have tried different strategies for cooperation and payment for services. As a result, we settled on the Western model, which is popular among programmers.
How the pay-per-hour strategy works in practice:
- We calculate how many hours the setup will take.
- We agree with the client the tasks and the time spent on them.
- Having the established cost of an hour, we convert the time into a monetary amount.
- We conclude a contract, indicating the hours and their cost.
- Getting started.
When working with this method, it is important to show the client a transparent and most accurate time tracking (how many hours and minutes spent, on what and how much is still left). In about 5% of cases, it happens that preliminary calculations turn out to be more or less than the actual time spent. If the clock remains, but the work has been completed, we postpone it to the next month or return the money to the client for the unused time. We use special tracker applications for accurate and fair timing.
The system is a logical and transparent as possible for both parties in that the client’s expenses increase in case of an increase in work on the project and decrease if there is less work on the project. At the same time, all data remains open and the client sees what he pays for and what result he gets.
How many hours do you need to run an advertisement?
Experience shows us that the minimum amount of time for maintaining an advertising account is from 6 hours (for contextual advertising) and from 4 hours per month (for targeting in social networks) with a minimum budget of 400 dollars per month for one advertising account.
What does contextual or targeted advertising include:
- At least 2 times a week we analyze the account and add non-targeted search queries and keywords to the exclusions
- Check accounts for keyword conflicts. We make changes.
- We check ads and ad extensions at least 2 times a week. We make changes, send for moderation.
- At least 2 times a week we check and analyze the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, groups and ads. We make the necessary changes.
- We check the performance of all conversions at least 2 times a week. We analyze to identify anomalies.
- At least 2 times a week, we analyze and add ineffective sites from the display space to the list of excluded display locations in order to increase CTR and stop displaying display ads on ineffective sites.
- In case of need or problems with moderation, we interact with the official technical support. We solve the problems.
- We check and apply (if necessary) automatic recommendations of advertising systems.
- We control the advertising budget so that there is no overspending or underspending within 1 calendar month.
- We control rates, strategies and follow them, if necessary, make changes.
If an additional task comes in, for example, to add an advertising campaign, we calculate how long it will take, and based on this, we form the cost of the work.
Cost of services
Setting. The number of working hours required to set up advertising campaigns is always individual and calculated for each client based on the task data provided to them.
Maintain. The number of working hours that must be spent per month to maintain one account in any advertising system depends on several factors.
- Advertising campaign budget. Generally, the larger the advertising campaign budget, the more traffic they receive and the more traffic they need to analyze. The more analysis, the more time it takes. However, this is not always the case. We were managing projects with a very large budget, but at the same time with 1 advertising campaign and very similar search phrases. Of course, maintaining such an account costs much less, as it takes less working time.
- Complexity of setup and the number of advertising campaigns. Even with small budgets, a client may have a rather complicated setting, which requires increased attention and time, and there may also be a lot of advertising campaigns. Such accounts may require increased management time.
- Frequency of promotions or any additional changes to the account. If the promotions change once a month, it takes 4 times less time than if the client’s promotions change every week, or once every few days. All this directly affects the time spent.
Now let’s talk specifically about the cost of work. We always adhere to a policy of complete transparency for the client. This is how the work at the Web-Sci agency is organized.
Cost per hour of work
|Requested time (cost per hour for one-time payment)||Cost for one hour of work|
|Up to 8 hours inclusive||60 $|
|From 9 to 20 hours inclusive||52 $|
|From 21 hours||45 $|
Thus, the more hours you buy at once, the cheaper one hour of work is. The clock can be used both for setting up and for managing advertising systems.
Minimum required number of hours
For permanent management, we work with advertising budgets, at least 400 dollars per advertising system per month (for example Yandex.Direct, or Facebook Ads).
However, this does not affect the setting of advertising campaigns or a one-time purchase of watches. You can buy our working hours starting from 1 hour = 60 dollars. For some small advertising accounts, it is enough to devote 1 hour 2-3 times a month for analysis and editing.
The minimum number of working hours for an effective advertising account :
- Contextual advertising (Google Ads, Yandex Direct, Bing Ads) – 6 hours per month
- Targeted advertising (Facebook / Instagram Ads, VK Ads, MyTarget, Twitter Ads) – 4 hours per month
However, this figure is very individual and is calculated for each client separately. The larger the budget, the more work and more hours it will take to work with the account per month. As the budget increases, the number of hours spent working with the account also increases.
Sometimes, even with a large budget, less work is required than you might think, and sometimes with a smaller budget, there is a lot more work. The amount of work is determined by the number and complexity of advertising campaigns in the account, as well as the amount of traffic coming from the advertising system. The more traffic, the more time it takes to analyze it and make subsequent adjustments.
However, we repeat. The marketing and goals of each business are different. In rare cases, the number of hours may differ both up and down.
3 more strategies for the PPC market
Choosing a company for contextual advertising settings, you can see different methods of cooperation and payment. At one time, we also encountered them and are ready to share with you the features, pros, and cons of each method.
Percentage of client’s budget
This strategy is the most popular in the CIS market. Its beauty is simplicity. Agencies charge for their services from 4% to 15-20% of the advertising budget. The percentage depends on factors such as the experience of the agency, the settings that are included in the service, and the project budget (well, on the agency’s arrogance).
The amount of work of the agency and its specialists has nothing to do with the client’s budget. Very often, an agency can spend 8-10 hours a month working with a client and at the same time have unreasonably high pay for such modest work. There is another hidden and less attractive side, and it is that many agencies work with Yandex on a partnership basis. That is, the system pays registered partners a percentage of the budget.
Yandex partners receive up to 12% of the clients’ budget per month. In this case, it would be possible to provide services to clients for free, receiving a percentage from Yandex. 99% of large agencies do this, but we all know that free cheese is only in a mousetrap.
The main disadvantages of the scheme:
- Advertisers must spend a certain amount on advertising in Yandex ads network. (Yandex condition)
- In this situation, large budgets are most beneficial for Yandex.Direct and the agency, but not for the client. The client may receive far from the targeted traffic that he would like. The more the agency spends from the client’s budget, the more% from Yandex will be received.
- The amount of work may not correspond to the client’s budget. For example, if the budget is very large and the settings are minimal.
We have experience with such a strategy, we absolutely do not want to return to this type of work. It is beneficial only to the Agency, but not to the client. Long-term, productive win-win business relationships cannot be built like that.
We abandoned this strategy, realizing that it puts budget first, not quality, which is unfair to the customer.
Fix Price. Fixed price
On the one hand, this is a very simple and convenient solution. The client pays a certain amount, and the agency gets the job done and keeps the client’s account efficient. There is no need to calculate interest, maintain complex reporting, or fulfill the requirements for expenses in Yandex.Direct.
The main disadvantage of this strategy is that the service is presented in a very generalized way, without clearly defined actions. Often it includes basic configuration and editing, without additional analysis. Efforts to improve the effectiveness of an advertising account are being carried out extremely poorly.
It is difficult to write down what is included in the service, and the customer often does not understand what he is paying for. And when there is a need for additional settings, it turns out that the agency does not do this, or only for an additional fee.
Fix Price is a scheme that is relevant for beginner freelancers and minimal budgets with low advertising expectations. The number of such services can be completely different. And they are formed absolutely subjectively.
We also tried this scheme but convinced of its inefficiency and inconvenience, we switched to the current hourly model. Clients whom we led by Fix Price stayed with us at an hourly rate.
CPA, CPL: Pay Per Lead Strategy
The main feature of the strategy is that the client pays for the result obtained – leads or sales. In this case, the client and the agency agree on KPIs (Key Performance Indicators).
An example of cooperation according to this scheme: the client and the agency agree that advertising will bring at least 100 applications, for each of which the agency will receive 14 dollars. If the KPI is not met, the cost of the lead decreases, that is, the agency receives less.
While the strategy seems logical, it remains the most controversial. Here, in almost 10 cases out of 10, disagreements begin between the customer and the contractor.
- The main disadvantage for the agency is that he does not have access to the sales department and everything that associated with it (promotions, calls, prices, etc.). And even if there are such accesses for statistics, then influence the sales script, prices, discount promotions, etc. the agency is simply not in the right.
- The main disadvantage for the client is the agency’s interest in quantity leads, but not in their quality. For example, if a customer saw Google Ads , went to the site and left a request – such a lead can be considered better quality than if the client saw an advertisement on Facebook Ads or Instagram as a lead form and left his phone number.
Since we are committed to long-term win-win cooperation with clients and the quality of leads is important to us no less than clients, we also abandoned this strategy.
Want to start a partnership with internet marketing agency Web-Sci or do you have any questions? Request a callback or contact us in a convenient messenger.